TERMS AND CONDITIONS
FOR PARTICIPATION IN WALK AND PLAY L.A.
To register to participate in Walk and Play L.A., you agree to the following terms and conditions:
Any personal information and photos you share on your custom fundraising webpage will be accessible via the World Wide Web. This means that your information will be viewable by any individual visiting the Walk and Paly L.A. website. In addition, as the Walk and Play L.A. website is crawled regularly by Internet search engines, within a few days of posting your information on your custom fundraising webpage, your information may be found when searching the web via Google or other search engines.
CHLA has the right to cancel, suspend, or modify its fundraising webpages and process at any time. CHLA may terminate your use of its custom fundraising webpages at any time for any reason.
You may not state or imply that you are an agent, subsidiary or partner of CHLA, or that you hold any other business relationship with CHLA.
You agree that you will not represent to the public that you enjoy any tax exempt rights or privileges as a result of your fundraising on behalf of CHLA.
You will not receive any compensation for your fundraising activities and you will not be allowed to keep any portion of the funds you raise on behalf of the hospital.
You may not hire a professional fundraiser, telemarketer and/or enter into any other fundraising agreement with a third party without CHLA’s prior written approval.
You agree, on behalf of yourself and your heirs and assigns, to release and hold harmless CHLA and its affiliates and their directors, trustees, employees, staff, and volunteers from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses that might arise out of your participation in online fundraising activities on behalf of CHLA.
You agree to allow CHLA to use your name, likeness, quotations, and biographical information as posted to your fundraising page in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory and without compensation. By posting content on any online channel owned by CHLA, you give CHLA a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual and worldwide license to use your content including the right to copy, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat and incorporate into a collective work. You agree not to post content that infringes upon, misappropriates or otherwise violates the rights of any third party. You represent that you own or have secured all rights necessary to post the content and to grant CHLA the license to use the content, including permissions from people mentioned or pictured in the content or from the creator of the content (e.g. the person who took the photos or videos).
You agree that if your fundraising page is being used to collect funds for an event that you will host, you must first submit and receive approval of a Community Fundraising Event application, available here.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of being permitted to participate in Walk and Play L.A. (the “Event”) as a walker, volunteer or in any other capacity, you, for yourself and for your heirs, next of kin, assigns and personal representatives, understand and agree with all of the following:
1. You represent that you are in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the Event. If at any time during your participation in the Event you feel your physical condition no longer allows you to participate safely or you believe the Event becomes unsafe, you will immediately stop your participation. Should your participation require medical care or treatment, you agree to be financially responsible for any costs incurred as a result of such treatment.
2. You acknowledge and understand fully that there are risks and dangers of serious bodily injury and death that could result from your participation in the Event. You understand these injuries or outcomes may arise from many factors, including, but not limited to, terrain, weather, equipment, actions of other people, event officials, other participants and volunteers, spectators, sponsors, event monitors, producers, organizers, police, municipal workers, operators of motor vehicles, and members of the public in or around the area in which the Event will take place. Being aware of these risks and dangers, you voluntarily elect to participate in the Event and you FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSSES AND DAMAGES TO PERSON OR PROPERTY THAT YOU INCUR AS A RESULT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT.
3. YOU HEREBY AGREE NOT TO SUE AND TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, WAIVE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL LOS ANGELES (“CHLA”) AND ITS AFFILIATES and their respective officers, directors, employees, volunteers, sponsors, advertisers, participants, agents and representatives, and all other sponsors, organizers, volunteers, officials, medical workers, producers, lessors, organizers, OP3, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Exposition Park, the City of Los Angeles, the Department of Parks and Recreation and each of the directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors, heirs and assigns of any of the above individuals and entities (collectively and individually “Releasees”) FROM AND AGAINST ALL LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, SUITS, PROCEEDINGS, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING COURT COSTS AND REASONABLE ATTORNEYS FEES) REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE, INCLUDING THE NEGLIGENCE OR CARELESSNESS OF ANY RELEASEE, RESULTING FROM OR RELATED TO MY PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT.
4. You have read the foregoing and understand that you have given up substantial rights by agreeing to such terms.
- MEDIA CONSENT AND AUTHORIZATION
In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Event, you irrevocably grant to CHLA, and individuals and entities that contract with CHLA, the right and permission to use your recorded voice, image and likeness, and your contact, demographic information or other information provided to CHLA, in any medium including, without limitation, video, photograph, print, film and tape, for any lawful purpose.
By clicking “I agree” below, you affirm that (i) that you are eighteen years of age or older (ii) you have read and understood all of the above and (ii) you agree to these terms and conditions freely and voluntarily without any inducement or assurances of any nature. If you are under eighteen, you must have your parent or legal guardian read and agree to the above to continue registering for a custom fundraising webpage.